Welcome to the 27th Annual SAB Environmental Media and Environmentalist of the Year Awards.
The SAB Environmental Media Awards seek out to continuously acknowledge and recognise the work of dedicated members of the South African Environmental Media who excel in their reportage of all current environmental matters.
Over the last few years, SAB has made a commitment to keep these awards in line with best global practice, listening in earnest to the feedback received from the environment media in South Africa at large and ensuring the Awards are reflective of both the local and global media landscape.
The categories for the 2015 are divided as follows:
- Written Media Award (Print and Online)
- Photography Award (Print and Online)
- Video Media Award (Television and Online)
- Audio Media Award (Radio and Online)
- The Macqubu Ntombela and Ian Player Cub Award for environmental journalists with less than two years' experience in the Industry.
- Nick Steele Memorial Award for the Environmentalist of the Year.
Entrants for the SAB Environmental Media Awards and Environmentalist of the Year 2015 should submit work produced between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2015.
Please Note: You need to register to either enter the SAB Environmental Media Awards or nominate someone for the SAB Environmentalist of the Year 2015.
Entries open at 08:00 on Monday 3rd August 2015 and close at 17:00 on Friday, 4th September 2015.
Winners will be announced at an awards breakfast on Tuesday, 20th October at Summer Place in Sandton.